Blooms Evening Primrose Oil 1g - EPO is most commonly recognised for its beneficial effects for the relief of premenstrual syndrome. Some studies have indicated that women who suffer from PMS have poor levels of GLA in their systems, which is why supplementation with EPO has such high success rates in treating PMS and associated symptoms.
Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) is extracted from the seed of the evening primrose plant, which is a wild flower found in North America, Europe and Asia. The oil (in EPO) is an essential fatty acid (EFA) of the Omega-6 variety, and when taken internally is converted to Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). The GLA is then converted into Prostaglandins, which are hormone like compounds that play a vital role in the mediation of inflammation, pain and fever within the body.
Due to the hectic lifestyles of today, factors such as poor dietary practices, lack of exercise, smoking, increased alcohol consumption etc., can cause a deficiency in the these Prostaglandins. Prostaglandins generally are not readily stored in the body and therefore need to be supplied regularly.
Dry, itchy, flakey skin and other eczema related symptoms or minor skin disorders are a direct inflammatory response of the body. Once again by supplementing GLA from Evening Primrose Oil there have been significant benefits noted in reducing this inflammation.
- Premenstrual tension: breast pain, cramps, mood changes, fluid retention, cravings
- Menopausal symptoms: hot flushes, sweats
- minor skin disorders: dry, itchy skin related to eczema, dandruff, brittle nails
- Musculoskeletal disorders: arthritis and rheumatism
- Digestive disorders: medically diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Cardiovascular: blood pressure, cholesterol
- Excellent source of (GLA) Omega-6 essential fatty acid
Soft gelatine capsule contains:
- Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg delivering Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)
- soya oil
- natural vitamin E
Holistic Health and Beauty Shop