HealthWise Koji8 Red Yeast Rice Powder is a pure 8:1 extract of Oryza sativa (rice) naturally cultured with Monascus purpureus (yeast). This natural fermentation process imparts a deep red colour to the rice.
The use of Red Yeast Rice in Traditional Chinese Medicine dates back as far back as the Tang Dynasty in China in 800 A.D. The presence of naturally ocurring monacolins have made this a valuable natural health supplement. A dietary staple throughout Asia, red yeast rice is also used for preparing a wide variety of food products, including pickled tofu, red rice vinegar and Peking Duck as it imparts a subtle but pleasant taste.
- Naturally high in B group vitamins.
- Fermented foods are know to aid digestion.
HealthWise Koji8 Red Yeast Rice Powder is tested as negative for the presence of citrinin. The limit of detection is 1ppm.
- 100% pure powder
- Highly concentrated
- Packed without fillers or flowing agents
- Free from yeast, gluten, salt or preservatives
- No artificial colours or flavours
- No citrinin
1-3g added to food
Can be taken in water or juice
Use in cooking to colour foods naturally
HealthWise® Koji8 Red Yeast Rice Powder
- Pure Oryza sativa (rice) 8:1 extract, naturally cultured with Monascus purpureus (yeast)
Free from gluten, dairy, artificial colours and flavours
Holistic Health and Beauty Shop