Blackmores Macu-Vision Plus is a vitamin, mineral and antioxidant formula to help maintain macular eye health.
MacuVision Plus contains antioxidants that help protect against free radical damage in the eye.
As we age our eyes and macula can become more susceptible to free radical damage.
MacuVision Plus contains lutein and zeaxanthin which are deposited in the retina and macula.
In the eye, lutein and zeaxanthin filter (high energy) blue light.
- Based on scientific evidence
- Contains zinc to support healthy eyesight
- Maintain retina and macula health
- Maintain eye health in ageing individuals
MacuVision Plus provides nutrients important to the macular region of the eye. Based on scientific evidence.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 250 mg - Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is a water-soluble antioxidant nutrient involved in many biological processes in the body. Vitamin C is found in a number of fruits and vegetables, great sources are capsicums, blackcurrants, oranges and strawberries.
- d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate (vitamin E 200 IU) 165 mg - Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that exists in 8 different isomers (forms) of vitamin E alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocopherol; and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocotrienol. It's main action is as an antioxidant which is responsible for many of it's functions in the body. Vitamin E is found in cold-pressed vegetable oils, nuts and seeds.
- Zinc oxide (zinc 40 mg) 49.8 mg - Zinc is an essential trace element that plays a role in every living cell in the body. There are also around 300 enzymes that need zinc for healthy function. Zinc containing foods include meat, eggs, seafood- especially oysters, whole grains and seeds.
- Cupric oxide (copper 1 mg) 1.25 mg - Copper is a mineral involved in a number of functions in the body including haemoglobin production and the utilisation of glucose and iron. Food sources of copper include oysters, other shellfish and legumes.
- Lutein 5 mg - Lutein is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Lutein is found in dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale.
- Zeaxanthin 1 mg - Zeaxanthin is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family and is closely related to lutein. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Zeaxanthin is found in sweet corn, persimmons, orange capsicums and oranges.
Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period of time. Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
Holistic Health and Beauty Shop